April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wish List Wednesdays: Spill STOP Silicone Lid


Just about everyone has heard the old saying that a watched pot never boils, but I always seem to have the opposite problem.  Whenever I set something on the stove to boil, I will invariably wander off to do something else and forget about it, which means that the pot boils over and leaves a mess.  Fortunately, some genius has invented a solution to my problem -- the Kuhn Rikon Spill STOP Silicone Lid!  Center "petals" lay flat to seal the lid until the pot begins to boil, then lift to vent water and prevent boilovers.  This handy gadget can also be used as a splatter guard when frying or microwaving.  The 12-inch size for a mere $29.95 would work perfectly for me (there is also a 10-inch size for $24.95).  They even come in three fun colors -- red, purple, and green.  Just the thought of no more spills on the stove to clean up has convinced me that I need one of these now!


Update:  I just used my new Spill STOP Lid to boil a pot of rice, and it is awesome.  I think this is the first time I have ever made rice that did not boil over!  In fact, I am now going to buy the smaller size as well for those times that I use smaller pots.  I will finally be able to cook rice, potatoes, and pasta without having starchy water spill over and burn onto the stovetop -- I am just ecstatic (it really doesn't take much to make me happy)!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment