Sunday, December 6, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #44

I finally got around to baking fruitcakes for my siblings, an annual tradition that should have happened the weekend after Thanksgiving, so I'm a little late.  Tomorrow when they are completely cool I will soak those fruitcakes in the Grand Marnier, let them sit for a few days until they are well soused, and then mail them off to their various destinations.  If you have a hankering for fruitcake (I am the only one in my family who does not!), you can find my recipe here.

I had a couple of doctor's appointments last week and ran a few errands as well, so I went into town twice.  Because of the doctor's appointments I had to wear tops with loose sleeves so that my arms were accessible.  Luckily I have some favorite sweaters I bought a couple of years ago that have very loose sleeves, so I wore one on each day in different colors.  Here is the first day's outfit:

Clockwise from top left: Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater in Turquoise (no longer available); Turtle Fur Bang Band Chelonia 150 Classic Fleece Headband in Black (similar to mine); Craghoppers Women's Venta Lite Hooded Insulated Jacket in Black (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); MediPEDS Crew Socks in Black; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Stretch-Fit Jeans in Black (similar to mine); Ultrasofts Mock Turtleneck in Black (similar to mine); Center: Elizabeth Locke 31" 19kt Yellow Gold Turquoise Bead and Small Link Necklace (no longer available, similar to my much less expensive necklace).

And here is the second outfit of the week (you can see that I keep adding warmer layers, because while waiting in line to get into stores it can get very cold!):

Clockwise from top left: Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater in Azure (no longer available); Chico's Textured Silvertone Single-Strand Necklace (similar to mine); Turtle Fur Bang Band Chelonia 150 Classic Fleece Headband in Black (similar to mine); Calvin Klein Packable Down Hooded Long Puffer Coat in Shine Wine (no longer available, similar to mine); Bombas Women's Solids Calf Socks in Navy; BEARPAW Brady Wide NeverWet Classic Boots in Hickory; Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); Banana Republic Women's High-Rise Straight Jean in Light Wash; Ultrasofts Mock Turtleneck in Sangria (similar to mine); Center: Southcombe Mabel Warm Lined Leather Gloves in Black (similar to mine);

🎁✉🎄🎁✉🎄🎁✉🎄🎁✉🎄🎁✉🎄🎁✉🎄🎁✉🎄🎁✉🎄

My posts have been rather hit or miss lately as I attempt to get all of my Christmas activities done.  I really need to buckle down and get gifts ordered, cards written and mailed, and the minimal decorating I plan to do finished.  I will try to stay on track, but I may have to skip a few more posts if necessary until after the holidays.  I hope you all are more organized than I am - have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment