May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Wish List Wednesdays: Favorite New Arrivals at Pier 1

From Wikimedia Commons

Imagine my dismay when I found out yesterday that my favorite source for tableware, Pier 1 Imports, just filed for bankruptcy!  They are hoping to sell the business so that it will not disappear completely, and I hope that they are successful as it would be a shame to lose this company.  I thought I would feature some of their online new arrivals in today's blog post, and then maybe head in to town later this week and shop at our local store if it is open.  I really hope we do not lose our store here in Santa Fe!


This Watercolor Birds Salad Plate Set of 4 ($29.99) would be a lovely way to usher in spring.  Each 8.75-inch ironstone plate features a different bird perched on delicate spring twigs. Or, if you are more attracted to all things ocean-related, you may appreciate the Coastal Birds Salad Plate Set of 4 ($29.99) instead.


If you prefer dogs to birds, then you may want to set your spring table with the Posh Pups Salad Plate Set of 4 ($34.99).  Made of dolomite, these plates are 8.5 inches in diameter and feature four different dog designs, with each pup sporting spring colors.  A matching Posh Pups Stackable Mugs Set ($24.99) is also available.


This Umbrella Stand on Wheels ($149.99) is absolutely ingenious!  The solid and well-weighted design allows one to set up a large outdoor umbrella without a table, and the wheels mean that it can be moved wherever it is needed.  Best of all, the wheels can be locked so that once the umbrella is in place it will stay there!


I really wish this Murrey Wooden 4-Door Cabinet ($899.99) came with a matching hutch, because I already have a buffet but am in the market for a reasonably priced and well-made tall china cabinet.  I like the simple but unique design of this 54 inch-wide mango wood cabinet, and it looks solid enough to store a lot of tableware, which is what I need.


Last but not least, our love of all things crustacean means that I will probably be ordering this 72" Blue Crab Table Runner, even though we are as far from a coastal climate as we could possibly be here in the high mountain desert environment of Santa Fe!

Santa Fe Pier 1 store (from Google)

These are just a few of the 1142 new arrivals on the Pier 1 website that caught my eye, and I am sure that you will be able to find a few items that appeal to you as well.  We have certainly done our fair share to support our local store in the past few months since moving to Santa Fe, and I am really hoping that the company can move on from this setback and continue to be my favorite tableware source.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment