May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Thursday, February 13, 2020

This 'n That Thursdays: Black Teas I Have Been Enjoying This Winter

From The Healthy

I love a nice hot cup of tea on a cold day, and now that I live in New Mexico I am experiencing a lot more cold days than I did in Georgia!  This winter I have been drinking a lot of different teas, several of them new to me, so I thought I would mention a few of these new ones in today's blog post.

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕


Currently I am drinking this Two Leaves and a Bud Organic Assam Breakfast Tea every morning.  I love its hearty, slightly smoky flavor - it pairs well with light cream (I use an almond milk creamer).  I first had this tea at Cerrillos Station, a delightful artists' cooperative and mercantile store in the nearby town of, you guessed it, Cerrillos.  If you are ever in Santa Fe I highly recommend a side trip to this little town just to check out Cerrillos Station, which is full of unique and lovely original creations, a separate room full of second-hand treasures, a few shelves devoted to health and beauty products, and a small grocery section where the free coffee and tea station offers this wonderful tea as one of the options.

Cerrillos Station, exterior view
Cerrillos Station, interior view

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕


I bought a tin of Mrs. Patmore's Pudding Tea just before Christmas to enjoy over the holiday season.  The flavor is delicious and was perfect for Christmas, with a touch of sweetness despite no added sugar.  This tea is also enhanced by the addition of light cream, which makes it taste like a guilt-free dessert in a cup!

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕


I am not a fan of Earl Grey tea as I do not like bergamot, so I was not expecting to like Twinings Lady Grey Tea.  However, my husband bought a box of Twinings Black Tea Variety Pack which included their Lady Grey tea, and when I read the ingredients the flavorings were listed as mainly orange and lemon peel rather than the dreaded bergamot.  I decided to give it a try, and I was pleasantly surprised.  (There may be a bit of bergamot flavor in this tea, but it is not overwhelming for me as it is in Earl Grey tea.)  While I did not care for this tea in the morning, it is a great afternoon choice.  I prefer this one plain, without the addition of cream.

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

If you are an avid tea drinker like me, you might want to give these options a try, especially on a cold winter day!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment