April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Museums Tour Spring Weekend Travel Wardrobe

Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History
(from Smithsonian Newsdesk)

One of my brothers lives in the Baltimore area.  Years ago I paid him a quick visit and we took a day to visit as many museums as possible in Washington, DC.  There are so many that we could not really do them all justice in a single day, so I would love to go back and spend a little more time exploring each of the wonderful museums.  With such a trip in mind, I put together a spring weekend wardrobe suitable for wandering about the DC area to stroll through museums, hopefully at a more leisurely pace than the last time I visited!

The arrival of spring makes me think of new green grass, bright blue skies, and fluffy white clouds, so those are the colors I chose for this spring wardrobe.  I had not intended to select the entire collection from only one source, but I found just about all of the apparel in these hues at Coldwater Creek, so I went with it.  Here are the items I picked to wear while traveling:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Essential Supima Boatneck Tank in Aquamarine; Ross-Simons Peridot Earrings in Yellow Gold; Coldwater Creek Classic Cardigan in Clearwater; Hadaki by Kalencom Women's Slouchy Hobo Bag in Piquat Green; Society6 AlphaVariable Duffle Bag in Peridot; Kenneth Cole Women's New York Kam Sneaker in Green Techni-Cole Crystal Satin; Coldwater Creek Seabreeze Crochet-Hem Skirt in Multi.

And here are the items to pack in that peridot-colored duffel bag:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Fluttering Fancies Classic Cardigan in Peridot; Lakeland Leather Gigi Small Organiser Bag in White; Coldwater Creek Three-Quarter Sleeve Easy Care Shirt in Bright Peridot; Coldwater Creek Tencel Twill Camp Shirt in White; Coldwater Creek Easy Linen Pull-On Pants in Robin's Egg; Women's White Mountain Skipper in White Leather; Coldwater Creek Relaxed Linen Pants in White; Coldwater Creek Sleeveless Easy Care Shirt in Bright Peridot; Beads of Paradise NYC Peridot Necklace with Gold Clasp; Center top: Coldwater Creek Lace-Topped Slub Tee in Ocean Blue; Center bottom: Coldwater Creek Essential Supima Crewneck Tee in White.

🎾💭🎽🎾💭🎽🎾💭🎽🎾💭🎽🎾💭🎽🎾💭🎽🎾💭🎽🎾💭🎽

Even though this is not my preferred color palette (and I could never wear that much white without permanently staining pretty much every piece!), I think this wardrobe is so pretty and perfect for spring.  My husband just returned from a trip to Washington, DC, but I was unable to join him, so I missed a great opportunity to tour some of the museums 😞.  Oh well, maybe next year!

Next week I will attempt to put together a basic wardrobe for warm weather despite the fact that my computer reconfigured all of my images and therefore lost all of the saved links (I should know better and save the links as bookmarks as well, but I got lazy).  Have a great Cinco de Mayo!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment