April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Adding More Colors to a Classic but Fun Navy and White Basic 4x4 Wardrobe


Are you getting tired of seeing this same wardrobe once again?  Don't worry, I only have one more post using this collection, and then I will move on to other ideas!  I thought it might be nice to add a couple more colors to this wardrobe, just in case the wearer gets a bit bored with so much blue and white all the time.  First, let's take a closer look at one of the tops:


If you look really closely, you will see that, against that navy background, there are a few more subtle hues in the geometric print:


The line patterns are done in turquoise blue, mint green, white, pale pink, and pale yellow.  I chose the pale yellow as my first color addition to this basic wardrobe.  Here are the pieces I selected:

Clockwise from top left: Sophia Webster Evie Butterfly Leather Shoulder Bag in Pale Lemon-Yellow; Land's End Women's Mid Rise Chino Crop Pants in Lemon Chill; Sperry Top-Sider Women's Drift Hale Boat Shoe in Yellow; Land's End Women's Pima Cotton Polo Shirt in Lemon Chill (available in tall only).

I put together a sample outfit combining some of the yellow apparel with a few of the navy pieces:


For a second color, I chose the olive green from the scarf shown below:


Here are the items in olive green I picked to add to the basic wardrobe:

Clockwise from top left: Land's End Women's Long Sleeve Denim Jacket in Smokey Olive; Land's End Women's Mid Rise Boyfriend Chino Pants in Smokey Olive (available in petite only); Land's End Women's Rib Trim V-Neck Tank in Smokey Olive; Land's End Women's Comfort Mary Jane Shoes in Fatigue Olive.

And this is the sample outfit I created by combining olive green with shades of navy and blue from the original basic collection:


Of course, pale yellow and olive also complement each other beautifully, as the outfit below exemplifies:


🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

And so concludes the series of posts about my version of a classic but fun navy and white basic 4x4 wardrobe for warm weather!  Next week I may create a post describing my recent purchases for my summer wardrobe, or I may decide that topic is a bit premature and do something totally different - we shall see!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment