April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Friday, April 27, 2018

Foodie Fridays: Cucumber Lemon Couscous Salad


I was looking for a warm weather side dish that would go well with chicken or fish when the recipe for Cucumber Lemon Couscous Salad from Bunny's Warm Oven caught my eye.  This dish was just what I was looking for - simple, quick, tasty, and the perfect accompaniment to grilled or baked chicken or fish.  I only made a few simple changes - I used much more cucumber than originally called for, and substituted sliced scallions for the parsley and garlic-infused oil for the garlic powder.  I served it with some precooked chicken kebabs, but it would also go well with my recipes for Easy Baked Lemon Chicken or Lemon Butter Baked Fish with Capers.  This salad is especially good accompanying any main dish served with a sauce, as the couscous is the perfect base for absorbing any extra sauce.

I hope everyone is well on their way to enjoying warm spring days and the appropriate meals for such weather by now!

Cucumber Lemon Couscous Salad

1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp. garlic-infused oil (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1 tsp. salt (optional)
2 C. cooked couscous
1 C. cubed feta cheese
1 English cucumber, diced
2 T. sliced scallions (or 2 T. minced parsley)

Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic oil (or powder), and salt.  Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.  Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.  Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment