April 29th is International Dance Day!

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: The Five Apparel Items I Purchased for Spring, Based on a Theme!

A hint for my spring wardrobe purchase theme (from Nicole Hollenstein)

I decided that I would buy five new pieces for my spring wardrobe this year.  The one item I knew I had to buy was a pair of chinos in a light tan, as this is a warm weather wardrobe staple for me and the pairs that I own were due for replacement.  I really like the new style of chinos being offered by Coldwater Creek, so I bought a pair in a color called Washed Sand earlier in the year (and thank goodness I did so, because these pants sold out fast!):

Coldwater Creek Hidden Stretch-Waist Chinos in Washed Sand

I wanted some sort of unifying theme for the rest of the pieces I purchased for spring, and a dress I happened to find on the Boden website decided that theme for me:

Boden Phoebe Jersey Dress in Mariner Blue Gallop

Even though navy blue is not normally a color I prefer, I loved the horse print, and the fit of this dress on me is ideal.  I chose a horse print theme for my next two purchases, which are lightweight blouses perfect for spring weather:

H&M V-Neck Top in Natural White/ Horses

Gap Factory Two-Pocket Boyfriend Shirt in Horse Print

The first shirt is a real bargain at just $9.99 (and until April 2nd you also get free shipping with the code 1274).  The second shirt is actually a very dark navy print rather than black, but it is dark enough to pass for black so it looks fine with the model's black pants.

For my final purchase, I decided to go with a print featuring another favorite animal - the Dalmatian!  This blouse from Boden is silk and it is rather expensive, but I got it on sale and figure it will last for a very long time, not to mention the fact that I may never find a nice top in a Dalmatian print again:

Boden The Silk Shirt in Ecru Dalmatian Spot

So here is my new five-piece collection for spring!

Can you tell that I don't care for traditional spring colors?

🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎🐶🐎

Not everyone is as wild about horse and Dalmatian print apparel as I am, but these purchases make me happy!  (You may not know this, but my Blogger name, Cee Pluse, is actually a take on "C&E", which was the very first username I ever created (for the old HGTV Dream Home blog) and stands for "Canids and Equids", my favorite companion animals.)  All of the print tops work with my new chinos, and all of the pieces, including the dress, will probably come with me on my next trip, which will be a mid-June family reunion in Pennsylvania.  And now I can concentrate on five new pieces for summer (I have to admit that one is already purchased, but I will describe that item when summer arrives).  I hope you too have found some new apparel for spring that makes you smile!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment