March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Weekend Wardrobe: What I've Been Wearing Lately, What I Will Be Wearing, and What I'd Like to Wear!

My favorite new shirt!

I've added several new pieces to my fall wardrobe this year thanks to some weight loss as a result of my low-carb diet.  This week I thought I would show a few outfits that I've been wearing lately which highlight some of my recent apparel purchases.  I've also added alternative tops that I already own to each outfit to show how I will be wearing the pants now that the weather has cooled down here:

Clockwise from top left: Land's End Women's Supima Cotton Contrast Sweater Polo Shirt in Bright Cherry Stripe; Coldwater Creek The Creek Crops in Fresh Red; Serengeti Crab Embroidered and Appliqué Top.

Because I have short legs, the red cropped jeans I bought recently from Coldwater Creek fit like ankle pants on me, which I love!  The unusually warm weather we had last month had me wearing summery outfits, and I wore these jeans with a red-striped white polo shirt similar to the one above but sleeveless rather than short-sleeved.  As the weather is now (slightly) cooler, I plan to wear the fun navy and white striped top with the red crab appliqué that I bought last year with these jeans.

Clockwise from top left: Jones New York Non Iron Easy Care Striped Sleeveless Shirt ( no longer available); Land's End Women's Not-Too-Low Rise Slim Leg Jeans in Smokey Olive; Dorothy Perkins Ivory Bird Print Shirt (no longer available).

Just before I left New York, my sister and I went to her local TJMaxx for a clothes shopping spree.  I bought a pair of olive green pants similar to the pair shown above.  I also found a black and white pinstripe sleeveless blouse much like the one above, and wore both pieces to a dinner with some of my sister's friends.  Earlier in the year I purchased a cute bird print rolled-sleeve blouse at my local HomeGoods store, again similar to the one above, that I will wear with these pants this fall.

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Short'Sleeve Crewneck Pima Cotton Tee in Deep Teal; Rafaella Denim With Benefits Jeans in Rich Khaki; L.L. Bean Women's Duck Print Signature Lightweight Flannel Shirt in Darkest Gray.

HomeGoods is always a great source for reasonably priced apparel.  I found some very lightweight jeans in a mustard tan color a lot like the one in the image above which are perfect for our warmer climate.   I already had a short-sleeved t-shirt in a spruce green color like the one shown above (one of the new Pantone fashion colors that I love), and it works well with these jeans.  It is now cool enough to also pair these jeans with my new L.L. Bean duck print top, and I will be wearing this outfit soon!

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Owl About You Tunic in Vanilla Multi; Coldwater Creek Knit Denim Slim-Leg Leggings in Spice (color no longer available); L.L. Bean Women's Deer Print Signature Cotton Turtleneck in Fawn.

The bird theme continues!  On one of our rare chilly days this year, I got to wear my new owl-print tunic with these leggings from Coldwater Creek (sadly no longer available in this beautiful color) to lunch with friends.  The L.L. Bean deer print top is also new, and is light enough to wear with the leggings now.

I still want to add a few new pieces to my fall wardrobe, and I've put together some outfits with items I am thinking of purchasing to see if they will work for me:

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Crewneck Pima Cotton Tee in Deep Teal; Coldwater Creek Hidden Stretch-Waist Chinos in Saddle; L.L. Bean Women's Duck Print Signature Lightweight Flannel Cotton Shirt in Darkest Gray.

I need some new chinos, and I really like the ones shown above from Coldwater Creek in the saddle color.  It would work well with a spruce-colored long-sleeved t-shirt I already have (a lot like the one pictured) as well as my duck print shirt.

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Anytime Striped Easy Care Tunic in Black; Stio Women's Rivet Cord Pants in Russet Brown; Dorothy Perkins Ivory Bird Print Shirt (no longer available).

I like my sleeveless pinstripe shirt so much I am thinking of buying a long-sleeved version from Coldwater Creek (I think I should probably be a spokesperson for this company!).  I love the russet brown color of the corduroy pants in the image above, and I think they would pair well with both the pinstripe tunic and the bird pint blouse that I already own.

I've kept my clothes shopping to a minimum for most of the year, but I really needed to update my wardrobe so I've been having fun doing just that in the fall colors that I love!  Many of the items I bought will work for more than one season.  I think I will only be adding a couple more pieces, and then I will be done for a while.  At least I hope so, because it is about time to start Christmas shopping - yikes!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment