March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Monday, October 2, 2017

Mysterious Mondays: "Three Skeleton Key" by George G. Toudouze

From Tes Teach

Every October I feature frightening short fiction and movies on my blog in anticipation of Halloween.  This year I have decided to post tales and films with a nautical theme.  Last year I posted a link to the short story "The Upper Berth" by F. Marion Crawford, which I consider to be the best short horror tale set at sea.  For today, I thought we would visit a terrifying lighthouse in the story "Three Skeleton Key" by French author George G. Toudouze.  In this narrative, three lighthouse keepers are menaced by a horde of crazed and starving rats that end up shipwrecked on their tiny isolated island.  Will help come in time, or will the three men end up adding to the skeleton count on Three Skeleton Key?

Even though I am not a lover of the sea, I am fascinated by lighthouses.  However, I think I would rather avoid the one in this tale!  You can read the story here.  There is also a YouTube video of the adapted radio version read by Vincent Price:

                

No comments:

Post a Comment