April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Friday, August 4, 2017

Foodie Fridays: My Sister's Guacamole

From Agave

When it comes to making guacamole, I prefer the minimalist approach, which means I simply mash up some avocados and add nothing else!  My sister prefers a more complicated concoction (a variation of the guacamole recipe here) which she made for us one weekend, and I have to admit that it is very good.  If you are looking for a tasty guacamole recipe similar to something you would find in a Mexican restaurant, give this one a try.  The best thing about this dish is that it can sit in the fridge, well covered, for up to a day and still taste pretty good, which is more than I can say for just plain mashed avocados!

My Sister's Guacamole

3 avocados, pitted, peeled, and diced
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
1/2 C. minced onion
3 T. minced cilantro
1 Roma tomato, seeded and finely diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 T. minced jalapeño pepper (optional but highly recommended)

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt (make it as smooth or chunky as you like).  Stir in the remaining ingredients.  Refrigerate for at least one hour for best flavor, but can be served immediately.  Serves 4.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment