Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wish List Wednesdays: Stunning Stone Cottage


I have always been attracted to stone cottages, and the Between Naps on the Porch blog recently posted a link to one that was so gorgeous I just had to share the link here.  We have never even considered New Jersey as a possible retirement destination, and I am not especially interested in historic homes, but this cottage is so perfect that I think we may have to reconsider our options!  Even though the home was built in 1730, the owners have done a marvelous job of maintaining and updating the home without detracting from its rustic charm.  The house sits on over three acres, overlooking a stream and woodlands, and has a detached garage and lovely gardens.  Take a look at some photos and I think you will agree that this is a lovely place!

Street view.

Back view.

Living room with huge fireplace.

Kitchen/Dining room with great views, ceiling beams, and fireplace.

Sunroom (my favorite room!).

Library/Den overlooking stream and woods.

Master bedroom with French doors, fireplace, and plenty of space.

Guest bedroom (one of two).

Main bathroom (one of two) with unique stone walls.

Backyard patio.

Absolutely magnificent garden!

Brick walkway leading to garage.

Detached garage (with finished loft space).

I really am smitten with this fabulous home -- I'm ready to move in right now!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment