March 29th is World Marbles Day!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

This 'n That Thursdays: CB2-Inspired Dining Room

Our Serenbe home.

A few years ago my husband and I bought a house in an eco-friendly community near Atlanta called Serenbe.  Originally we thought that it would be a good transition house for us when my husband retired while we looked for a place in New Mexico, our ultimate retirement destination.  However, my husband keeps postponing his retirement, so we may end up selling our Serenbe home without ever having lived in it.  We rented it out for a couple of years, then put it on the market, mostly out of curiosity to see how well homes were selling.


Since we were not especially motivated sellers, we are now thinking of keeping it for at least another year and using it as a second home for a while.  This means we will have to furnish a few of the rooms so that we will have a place to sleep, eat, and relax when we are there.  We do not intend to spend a lot of money, so we will probably use some excess furniture and accessories from our current house and purchase a few inexpensive pieces as well.

I got to thinking about how I would furnish this cottage-style home if we were younger and this was our first home.  The arrival of a CB2 catalog in the mail last week piqued my interest in their furniture, and I decided to put together some style boards for different rooms in our Serenbe house just for fun.  I started with the dining room (shown in the photo above), mostly because I really liked the Roadhouse Leather Dining Chair I saw in the catalog:

Clockwise from top left: Roadhouse Leather Dining Chair; Capitol Pendant Light; Fuze Grey Bistro Table; Register Placemat in Copper; Black Clay Dinnerware; Felix Block Print Napkins; Rhapsody Wall Hanging; Sage Credenza; John Table Lamp; Center: Marta Smoke Double Old-Fashioned Glass; Pattern 127 Flatware Set; Rectangular Walnut Tray; Center background: The Hill-Side Workwear Blanket Stripe Rug.


The Roadhouse leather chairs also come as counter stools, two of which would fit perfectly at the kitchen island seen to the left of the dining room in the photo above.  I so enjoyed virtually furnishing our Serenbe home's dining room that I think I will work on the living room for next week!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment