April 24th is International Guide Dog Day!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Weekend Wardrobe: Metallic Gold and Chambray Blue Travel Wardrobe

Top: SAS Shoes Women's Cozy in Denim
Bottom: SAS Shoes Women's Metro in Gold

A while ago I read a blog post at "Over 50 Feeling 40" which highly recommended San Antonio Shoemakers (SAS) shoes.  I took a look at their website and liked what I saw.  The shoes are stylish and comfortable, and I'm sure live up to their reputation of being the "shoes you don't want to take off at the end of the day".  I even found a couple of pairs in the "Last Chance" category that I would love to own.  In fact, they inspired me to create a travel wardrobe around them, using the shoe colors as the basis for the apparel choices.  The outfit to wear while in transit starts with the attractive but cushy Metro loafers in a sophisticated metallic gold color.  I paired them with equally stylish accessories but, contrarian that I am, also with a rather casual outfit:

Clockwise from top left: Muveil Cardigan in Gold;  L.L. Bean Women's Signature Cotton/Modal Tee in Blue Stripe; Cara Metallic Skinny Scarf in Soft Gold; Ralph Lauren Oxford Leather Tote in Gold Mine; SAS Shoes Women's Metro in Gold; Metaphor Ladies Goldtone Butterfly Dial Watch; Center: L.L. Bean Women's Sunwashed Chambray Pants.

The items packed for this trip of about a week include the comfy blue Cozy sandals in a shade I would call chambray.  I've also added a lovely necklace from a previous post, since the colors work perfectly with this collection:

Clockwise from top left: Dotted Denim Shirt; Herschel Supply Novel Duffel Bag in Limoges Crosshatch; Biba Striped Metallic V Neck T-Shirt in Gold; J. Crew Lightweight Chino Bermuda Short in White; DVF Val Printed Cotton Tee in Gold Butterfly; H & M Cotton Shorts in Blue/chambray; L.L. Bean Women's Elbow-Sleeve Scoopneck Pima Cotton Tee in White; Braintree Short Sleeve A Line Dress in Blue; SAS Shoes Women's Cozy in Denim; J. Peterman Your New Denim Skirt in Chambray; Belt Is Cool Wide Patent Leather Fashion Belt in Gold; Dorothy Perkins White Scoop Tank Top; Center: Soft Surroundings Waterfall Necklace.

As always seems to happen, I added a touch of nature to the wardrobe with a butterfly print tee, butterfly watch, and gold cardigan with starfish buttons.  I've decided that these hints of nature must be my style signature, since I just can't stop myself from adding them, so be prepared to find them in just about every fashion style board I create!  This particular travel wardrobe would work for all but the coldest summer destinations, equally appropriate for the coast or the mountains, and anywhere in between!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment