Thursday, May 5, 2016

This 'n That Thursdays: A Garden Ramble and a Perfect House

One of the gardens on the tour surrounds a former cottonseed mill,
which has been converted into an art and sculpture studio
(from Flagpole).

Over the weekend my husband and I participated in a Roving Garden Party hosted by the Boulevard Gardening Club in Athens, Georgia.  This type of tour is called a ramble, which is something I had never heard of before we moved to Georgia, but apparently rambles are quite popular with certain groups, especially those interested in historic sites.  The little town we live in has hosted rambles for The Georgia Trust, which holds these events all over the state in the spring and fall.

Rambles are held on the day scheduled regardless of weather, and we were afraid that our event would be a very wet one.  Fortunately once we bought our tickets the rain stopped and, other than getting our shoes wet and suffering through some high humidity, all went well.  The gardens were lovely, there was plenty to eat and drink at each location, and all of the houses were fairly close to each other so the two hours allotted for the tour was more than enough time.

Even though this tour focused on gardens, however, I found myself obsessed with one of the houses on the tour, to the point that I told my husband that I had found my perfect home!  The architect of this wonderful house has posted pictures on her website, Bork Design Inc., and I just had to share some of them.  While the contemporary style is not for everyone, this is just the sort of home (and garden!) that I would love to own.  Take a look:

The view from the street.

View from the top of the driveway.

A look at the sunken garden fronting the basement level.

Two views of the entry bridge that leads to the front door.

The front and side balconies.

Another view of the side balcony.

The screened porch at the back of the house.

We did not get to see the inside of the house, but luckily the website had some interior images, and the inside is every bit as perfect as the outside:

The large and light-filled living room.

The spacious and gorgeous kitchen.

A luxurious master bath.

It is rare to find such a contemporary house in our part of Georgia, so to find one that is my absolute dream home was quite a surprise.  I'm ready to move in right now, but I know the proud owners will not be moving out any time soon.  Maybe one of these days we will find the perfect plot of land where we can build our own version!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment