March 29th is World Marbles Day!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wish List Wednesdays: Santiago Boatneck Dress


When it comes to clothing, I am the sort of person who will almost always choose the functional over the fashionable.  Every once in a while, however, I come across something that compels me to force my practical side to go grumble in a corner so that I can bask in the sheer loveliness of an outfit.  This gorgeous Santiago Boatneck Dress ($98.95) from Soft Surroundings is just such an item.  I blissfully imagine myself hostessing the perfect holiday party in this comfortable floor-length draping of a soft cotton blend.  Of course I would own one in every color -- henna (above) for Thanksgiving, evergreen (below left) for Christmas, and black (below right) for New Year's Eve.


So what if the dress will probably cause me to trip with every step.  And do I really care that thanks to my long torso and short legs I do not look especially attractive in that length, even if I were model slim (which I am not)?  This is my wish list, after all, and common sense can go take a hike while I dream about life in the little town of Perfect!

A perfect Christmas town!
(from HGTV.com)

Merry Christmas to all, whatever your dreams may be!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment