Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This 'n That Thursdays: Fish Wall Panel-Inspired Living Room


This lovely three-piece "School of Fish" wall panel from Z Gallerie inspired me to design a living room styleboard around it.  I felt that both Asian and coastal influences would work well with this piece of art, and chose furnishings and a color scheme to reflect that idea:

Clockwise from top left: Hammond arm chair in aqua textured velvet from Home Decorators Collection; Structure Pisces floor lamp from Home Decorators Collection; blue and white Chinese pottery collection from Ruby Lane (not for sale); Structure Pisces table lamp from Home Decorators Collection; "Swimming Fish" garden stool from Interiors & Extras; Avery sofa from Home Decorators Collection; brass coffee table from Mecox Gardens; blue "Schooled Fish" wool area rug from Touch of Class; gold leaf Mandarin nesting table set from Clayton Gray Home; black lacquered console table from Silk Road Collection (no longer available); Background: gold "School of Fish" three-piece wall panel from Z Gallerie.

This is not normally a style that appeals to me, but if I had a more formal room in my home I might actually consider something like this.  Could I be developing more sophisticated tastes?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment