April 20th is Husband Appreciation Day!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Foodie Fridays: Baby Bok Choy with Cashews

From Simply Recipes

I did not try baby bok choy until last year, and now I am wondering why it took me so long!  Bok choy is a delightful vegetable in a stir fry like this recipe.  I modified the original slightly to suit my tastes -- canola instead of olive oil and soy sauce instead of salt.  Serve it over rice as a side dish or light lunch and I think you will agree that healthy never tasted so good!

Baby Bok Choy with Cashews

2 T. canola oil
1 C. chopped scallions
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 heads or 1 pound baby bok choy, rinsed and sliced
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 C. chopped roasted cashews (I used unsalted)

Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat.  Add onions, garlic, and bok choy.  Sprinkle with sesame oil and soy sauce, cover, and cook 3 minutes until bok choy is wilted.  Remove cover and turn heat down to low.  Cook and stir for another minute, then mix in cashews.  Serve over rice.  Serves 4 as a side dish, or 2 as a light lunch.

Note:  For a heartier lunch dish, add some diced cooked chicken.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment