Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Wish List Wednesdays: Charles Wysocki Trick or Treat Hotel 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle

My life has been extremely busy this summer, as my husband and I have finally listed our Georgia house for sale and we are gearing up at long last for getting my husband and the rest of our considerable belongings moved to our New Mexico house.  He is in Georgia and in charge of getting the house sold and our possessions moved, while I am in charge of supervising improvements to our New Mexico house so that everything we decide to move will have a place to go.  We are also installing solar panels and a wood-burning stove to improve the energy efficiency of this house, enclosing a small porch so that we can store wood for the winter to use in the new stove, and getting a number of maintenance issues taken care of that were postponed from last year until the COVID vaccine became available.

Needless to say, neither one of us has much time for leisure activities right now, so I have not had a chance to work on many jigsaw puzzles.  However, I did find a new one I look forward to piecing together this fall.  The VNVNE Charles Wysocki Trick or Treat Hotel 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle ($35.99) is a bit pricey for a puzzle, but no one captures the mood of a season better than Charles Wysocki, and this Halloween edition is truly a delight!  A little bit spooky but mostly nostalgic (the latter is a trademark of Wysocki's works), the intricate detail of the images in this puzzle will make it so much fun to work on, just to see each image come into focus as it is pieced together.  Go to the Amazon link and zoom in on the image to take a closer look at this artwork.  I could spend hours just hunting for each tiny detail - if I had the time!  (BTW, you can find this puzzle for a better price here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment