May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #23

With the hot weather we have been experiencing lately, my girls seem to spend a lot more time sleeping!


Last week I finally got my dogs to the groomer for baths and nail trims, which were long overdue!  They are so much cleaner now, and Ruby (the dog on the left above) in particular benefited from having her nails professionally trimmed.  She has lameness in her right shoulder which makes her put more weight on her left leg, resulting in nails growing at an odd angle that aggravate her lameness even more.  Like a lot of dog grooming establishments, the one where I take my dogs also has boarding facilities, so their business is down significantly due to the pandemic.  I plan to get my dogs groomed on a regular basis so that hopefully I can help the business stay afloat until COVID-19 becomes less of a problem and people begin traveling and boarding their dogs again.

Coldwater Creek Natural Inspirations Printed Tee in Canyon Rose (no longer available)

The hot temperatures continue here in New Mexico, which means my outfits get simpler.  I wore a pair of light chambray crop pants with yet another animal-themed lightweight t-shirt for the trip to the dog groomers.  I wanted to wear something that would not show too many dog hairs since I have to lift both dogs into and out of my car (Ruby's lameness prevents her from jumping in and out, while Madison does not like car rides and refuses to jump in on her own).  I also needed an outfit that would look decent enough to run some errands around town until my dogs were ready to be picked up.  My apparel for the day worked out perfectly:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Natural Inspirations Printed Tee in Canyon Rose (no longer available); Tibetan Turquoise Turtle Pendant (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Sperry Lounge Away Poplin Sneaker in Taupe (color modified to more closely resemble my similar shoe); Chico's Secret Stretch Straight Leg Crops in Chambray (no longer available).

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

My animal-themed t-shirt this week features turtles, which are one of my favorite animals.  I also wore a turquoise and silver turtle pendant necklace (another gift from my husband a few years ago) to emphasize the turtle theme.  If you are familiar with Native American fetish carvings, then you may know that the turtle is one of the spirit animal symbols, albeit apparently a more recent addition.  Turtles symbolize Mother Earth, as well as self-reliance - I like to think that the turtle's shell represents the ability to carry the feeling of home with you no matter where you are, which is especially relevant in my life at the moment as our moving plans are on hold in mid-transition due to COVID-19.  Many people feel drawn to a particular fetish symbol, and for me it is the turtle.  Do you have a favorite spirit animal?

Zuni turtle fetish carving (from Horsekeeping).
                

No comments:

Post a Comment