May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #21

Immature but rapidly growing tumbleweeds that will be yanked out tomorrow!

I know I've been away from my blog for a while - my only excuse is that I have been extremely busy waging war against Russian invaders!  No, not the human sort, but an invasive plant here in the southwest called Russian thistle (Kali tragus), more commonly known as tumbleweed!  I always assumed that tumbleweeds were native to the southwest, but it turns out they were accidentally introduced in seed shipments from Russia in the 1800s.  These pesky annuals are extremely efficient at colonizing disturbed ground.  A new septic field and gravel driveway were installed on our property just before we bought it, both of which turn out to be ideal disturbed habitat for tumbleweeds.  Since last year was unusually wet and no one was living here at the time, tumbleweeds took over in these spots, and I did not arrive until after these invaders had already dispersed most of their seeds.  I am now spending way too much time yanking out baby tumbleweeds as fast as I can to prevent them from going to seed and spreading even more!

Anthropologie Weekend Tee in Playful Pups (no longer available)

I did get into town two weeks ago to get a slow leak in one of my car tires fixed, so today I am posting the outfit I wore that day.  I got to wear another new t-shirt, one that I recently purchased from Anthropologie for half price.  I adore the doggie print on this shirt!  Since it is very lightweight and loose-fitting, it is perfect for summer.  I added my favorite short faux turquoise bead necklace for a little color, and I was good to go!

Clockwise from top left: Anthropologie Weekend Tee in Playful Pups; James Avery Twisted Wire Link Necklace with Turquoise (similar to my much less expensive faux turquoise one); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Sperry Women's A/O 2 Eye Boat Shoe in Dark Brown (similar to mine); Coldwater Creek Hidden Stretch-Waist Chinos in Sierra Clay (color no longer available in this style); J. Crew Skinny Italian Leather Belt in Pecan (similar to mine).

🐕🐩🐶🐕🐩🐶🐕🐩🐶🐕🐩🐶🐕🐩🐶🐕🐩🐶🐕🐩🐶🐕🐩🐶🐕

Tomorrow I will post another weekend wardrobe outfit that I wore this past week for my essentials shopping day.  Hopefully I will be able to get back to more regular posting here, but if not you can be sure that I am outside battling the onslaught of tumbleweeds that threatens to take over all my spare time this summer!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment