Thursday, April 25, 2019

This 'n That Thursdays: Modern Minimalist Soutwestern Interior Design Ideas

The spacious living room in our New Mexico house.  My husband and I
agree that a large area rug and sofas should be placed in front of the
fireplace, but we still disagree on whether and where a TV will go in
this room.

Now that we have our New Mexico house, I am starting to think about interior design ideas.  Since the house is a more contemporary take on traditional southwestern style, I am leaning toward a more modern and minimalist look (whether my husband and I, who both have a tendency to collect too much stuff, can stick with a minimalist theme remains to be seen, but we can at least aspire to the look!).  I was inspired by the image below that I stumbled upon while browsing the internet:

From House Beautiful

Here are a few more images of rooms with the sort of style I would like to see in our new house:

From receitascaseiras.info

From HGTV

From Houzz

From oneonroom

We will be purchasing very little new furniture (hopefully none at all), but will probably buy a couple of new rugs at some point.  In future posts I may play around with some style board ideas incorporating furniture pieces similar to the ones we own - I already have a few ideas in mind.  And if all goes according to plan, we will have some of our furniture moved in July, so I will be able to physically arrange items to my heart's content, as long as I can move them by myself, since my husband will be spending the summer working in Brazil.  I hope he likes the final results, because his absence means that I can do as I please!  😄😊😏😜
             

No comments:

Post a Comment