Thursday, April 4, 2019

This 'n That Thursdays: Five Fantastic Tips for Avid Readers


Serious readers will appreciate the tips shown above.  Go to the source of these tips here for a more thorough discussion of each one.  For me, Tip #1 is especially germane.  So many times I start a book and decide I do not care for it, but plow on regardless because I feel that I should.  Now why do I believe that I am obligated to do so when obviously there is no law requiring anyone to finish a book?  It takes me significantly longer to get through a book that is not interesting to me, and I could be using that time to read many other books that I do find compelling.

On the other hand, Tip #3 does not apply in my life because I still have an old flip phone, which has no airplane mode!  And because we are in the process of downsizing before our big move, Tip #5 is a good idea as we thin out our book collection and either sell or give away books that we no longer use.  I do try to carry a book with me when I know I will be spending time waiting around (travel, repair or medical appointments, etc.).  We could visit our local library much more often, but are trying to avoid buying more books until after we move so only visit the bookstore that buys used books from us.

I hope you avid readers out there find some of these tips useful in your own situation!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment