April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wish List Wednesdays: A Half Dozen Bas Bleu Finds


I always look forward to receiving Bas Bleu, a literary catalog that offers not only books, but also items that are in some way associated with literature or that will enhance any reading experience.  The winter 2016 catalog is full of items that will provide a warm and cozy read, and there are six in particular that I would love to own.


Dalmatian lover that I am, my first choice is a book entitled Bespotted: My Family's Love Affair with Thirty-Eight Dalmatians (2014).  Author Linda Gray Sexton looks back on a life lived with many Dalmatians.  She has owned far more than I will ever have, but I am just as besotted with the breed, and can't wait to read this book.


Winter is rarely thought of as gardening season, much to the chagrin of avid gardeners, so Emma Hardy's book The Winter Garden: Over 35 Step-by-Step Projects... (2015) will come as a welcome gardening treat.  Suggestions for indoor gardening as well as winter outdoor projects will help any gardener while away the colder months until spring.


Winter is soup season, and Sunday Soup: A Year's Worth of Mouthwatering, Easy-to-Make Recipes (2008) by Charles Schiller will provide inspiring recipes for homemade versions.  There is a section for each season, so you can continue making soup beyond winter.


I collect books about tea, so Tea Fit for a Queen (2014) deserves a place in my collection.  Recipes for teatime treats include several that were served to British royalty.  I am just so intrigued by the idea of Rose and Almond Cake with my tea, and would buy the book for this recipe alone!


A hot beverage, or soup, tastes even better served up in the perfect mug, and Bas Bleu offers several choices.  My favorites include the Chickadees Mug (shown above) and the Winter Wildlife Mugs, offered in a choice of Fox, Goose, and Horses designs.


❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎


Cold weather makes me want to stay snuggled up in bed with a good book, and these Giraffe PJs are a cozy way to do just that.  The soft fabric with soothing colors in a unique giraffe pattern looks so comfortable that I would stay in these pajamas all day if I could!

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

Any or all of these selections would be welcome during our current cold snap, when the only activity that appeals to me is curling up in a warm and cozy corner of the house with a good book!

From Owl Canyon Hoots

No comments:

Post a Comment