April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

This 'n That Thursdays: Ramen Burger

From GO RAMEN!

Most of the time I do not mind having a red meat allergy, but every once in a great while I really wish I could still eat beef.  Case in point -- one of the newest food fads in New York these days is the Ramen Burger, and I would love to try one!  Ramen Burger creator Keizo Shimamoto (a ramen noodle fanatic!) grills a beef patty and serves it between two bun-shaped ramen noodle cakes which are heated on the grill alongside the burger.  A special teriyaki-flavored shoyu sauce, sliced scallions, and arugula complete this luscious-looking concoction, and according to reports, the taste is fantastic!  There are a few recipes online, so I may try making this burger at home with a chicken or turkey patty instead.  It won't be quite the same, but at least I can hopefully get some idea of how the original Ramen Burger tastes.  Take a look at this video of a Ramen Burger tasting and just try to resist craving one of these unique burgers!


No comments:

Post a Comment