April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Current Events: Super Moon Tonight!

Photo by Tim McCord (from Space.com)

Don't forget to look for the super moon tonight!  The moon was also pretty spectacular early this morning, but I did not have my camera with me.  Weather permitting, I intend to photograph the super moon tonight or early tomorrow morning, to the best of my rather limited abilities.  This is something I have been promising myself I would do every year, and every year I forget, but hopefully I will actually accomplish my mission this time.  If any of my images turn out to be halfway decent I will post them here (don't hold your breath, though!).

Update: Well, here is my sorry attempt to photograph the super moon early this morning:


I really wish I had remembered to take my camera with me yesterday morning, as the air was much less hazy and the moon was closer to the horizon then -- it was much more impressive and would probably have photographed better.  This image looks like every other full moon -- nothing super about it.  Oh well, maybe I will have better luck next year.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment