April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wish List Wednesdays: Squirrel Nut Grinder


Last week I mentioned that squirrels are one of the biggest pests on our property, burying acorns in my flower pots, clogging our covered gutters with leaves and twigs, and devouring the fruit on our fig tree.  Even so, I have to admit that they have a couple of redeeming traits.  I do love to watch their acrobatic antics in our trees, and our younger dog enjoys chasing them out of the yard, providing her with much-needed exercise.  I suppose I have a love/hate relationship with these bushy-tailed arboreal rodents.  So when I saw this Squirrel Nut Grinder from The Artisan Table, I knew I just had to have one.  In my mind, he is my sciurid slave, earning the right for his living brethren to remain in our yard by providing help in the kitchen!  The $34.95 price tag is not too unreasonable.  I know there are less expensive options out there, but this one is unique and well-made, and the satisfaction of knowing that I can control at least one squirrel on our property is priceless!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment