March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

This 'n That Thursdays: Tablescape Blogs

From Family Holiday.net

I have always loved the look of a good table setting, so imagine my delight when I recently discovered the world of tablescape blogs!  Quite by accident I stumbled upon a blog called Cuisine Kathleen, which hosts a tablescaping blog or link party every Wednesday called "Let's Dish".  Bloggers from all over link up posts from their own blogs that feature tablescapes, often based upon a theme for the week.  It is reassuring to know that I am not the only one whose interest in tableware borders on the obsessive!  One of my favorite tablescape blogs is called The Welcomed Guest, posted by two sisters who create delightfully whimsical and beautiful settings each week.

While I am not quite ready to join any blog parties yet, I have decided to post a seasonal tablescape of my own about once a month, starting with St. Patrick's Day (Cuisine Kathleen is hosting a St. Patrick's Day blog crawl this week, so be sure to check it out).  My goal is to improve my indoor photography skills.  I also intend to post a menu suggestion each time.  I hope I can be as creative as so many other bloggers out there, even though I'm not Irish.  After all, you know what they say:

From Time

"On St. Patrick's Day, everybody's Irish!"
         

No comments:

Post a Comment