April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Bird-Inspired Lighting

From HD Wallpapers N Backgrounds

Let birds light up your life by adding some bird-inspired lighting fixtures and/or accessories to your home!  The possibilities are almost endless, but here are a few of the more creative ideas:

Marina's Birds by Fajno on Behance

Llum lamp from Peca via designboom

Atelier Areti Birds "U" Ceiling Lamp from Wayfair

Freeze Frame Birds Pendant Light from Property Furniture

Plywood Bird Lamp from Martijn Westphal

Alessi I Love Animals Bird Table Lamp from A White Room

Birds of Light from The Little Kidz Closet

Resin Bird Lamp from Creative Co-op

Turquoise Bird Lamp from Ornate Home

Kiwi Bird Lamp Shade by ShadeNatureinArt on Etsy

Black Word Bird Lamp Shade w/Text from Seven Dandelions

While all of the above are lovely, I find myself especially interested in the two following items.  First, because I am partial to puffins, this lampshade really appeals to me:

Pair of Puffins Lamp Shade from Barbara Gail's Lamps

But I have to say, even though I am not normally a chandelier sort of person, the beauty and rather humorous idea behind Wyatt Little's Bird Poop Chandelier  truly makes my day.  This fixture would find a place in my home just for the amusement factor, but in spite of the name it is actually quite attractive:


As you can see, whether you are an early bird, a night owl, or even crazy as a loon you will have no problem finding your perfect bird-inspired lighting!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment