March 29th is World Marbles Day!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Comfy Chairs for the Home


Anyone my age probably remembers the hilarious Monty Python skit about the Spanish Inquisition, complete with comfy chair (and if that doesn't date me I don't know what does!).  Like the woman in the skit, I am also quite fond of a good comfy chair, and should it happen to be unique and even a little offbeat, so much the better!  One of my earliest posts featured a wonderful pool-blue club chair from CB2 which is unfortunately no longer available (there are other color options now but to me they are not as attractive).  A recent post of mine also mentioned an outrageously expensive but really cushy-looking chair done in an attractive elephant print.  I would have happily settled into either one of these, but since they are not really an option I found a few more that would work just as well.

I love the summery, masculine look of this Ralph Lauren Home Driftwood Wicker Chair:


The soothing blue color and fun sailboat pattern of the 725 Upholstered Chair by Braxton Culler would add a nicely nautical touch to any home:


This Belle wing chair covered in an outrageous peacock pattern makes a defiantly bold feminine statement:


For those who prefer a clean, contemporary look, the Pierre Paulin Pumpkin Armchair is an especially alluring choice:


While we may never achieve the pure bliss of the woman in the Monty Python comfy chair, any one of these other comfy chairs in the home will surely help us to come close!


1 comment:

  1. Does the beautiful blue club chair with the sail boat pattern have a matching ottoman available?

    ReplyDelete