April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wish List Wednesdays: Fourth of July Table Setting

From Food Network

Holidays are about the only time my husband and I bother to use our dining room table, but when we do I like to pull out my extensive collection of table décor and set a proper table.  Lately our meal of choice on the Fourth of July has been crab cakes, so I always start with red place mats and our blue and white crab dinner plates:


One of these days, though, I just might go for a more contemporary feel, like the tabletop pictured above.  Simple but with just the right touches of red, white, and blue, it displays a patriotic feel without looking as though a meal is being served on top of a flag!  Our centerpiece is always at the end rather than the center of the table, just like the one above:

From Food Network

I like this display, but here is another that works for me as well:

From Linda Holt Interiors

Maybe next year I will try to serve something different for our Independence Day dinner, and totally redo my table setting as well!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment