April 18th is International Jugglers Day!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Doris Day Song Collections

From KCUR

I rarely buy music, but I do have a few favorite singers, so when I found out last month that Doris Day had two relatively recent CD collections out, I just had to order them!  The first is called My Heart, which was released last year and was produced by her son Terry Melcher just before his death.  The collection is a tribute to her son, and includes a solo by him ("Happy Endings"), a song performed by Day for her son ("My Buddy"), and a song selected and sung by Day because it was one of her son's favorites ("Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries").

Available from Amazon.com

The second collection, Doris Day: With a Smile and a Song, was produced by Sony Masterworks and Turner Classic Movies and curated by Doris Day herself.  Released last month in honor of her birthday, the two-disc set includes many of her most popular songs from her movies, such as "It's Magic" and "Que Sera, Sera".

Available from TCM Shop

I have just ordered these and have not yet received them, but when I do I am sure I will be listening to them over and over.  I may not be much of a music fan, but I know what I like, and Doris Day's songs are at the top of the list!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment