April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Southwestern Style Dining Room

From Freshome

The dining room is the final room for which I have created both a traditional and a modern Southwestern design style board, and I think I have saved the best for last.  As an added twist I designed each room around a version of the fabulous bear table pictured above, since as I mentioned in a post last week the American Black Bear is New Mexico's official state animal!  This is what I put together for the traditional look:

Clockwise from top left: Chocolate brown equipale chair from Southwest and Beyond; Rustic Native dinnerware from Cacart Southwest Designs; Blue Giustina chandelier from Inside Avenue; Petroglyph II art poster print from Amazon.com; Horse table runner from Wild Wings; Bear table (clear blue); Petroglyph I art poster print from Amazon.com; Center background: Dreamcatcher Grey Hills area rug from RugStudio.
           
And here is the modern version:

Clockwise from top left: Yellow leather dining chair from momentoItalia; Time to Run dinnerware from Cacart Southwest Designs; Actus 6 chandelier from italydesign; Contemporary bear print from Zazzle; Bear table (red); Monterey Stripe table linens from Cost Plus World Market; "Sees the Soul" poster from Zazzle; Center background: Mosaic Stripe Fiesta rug from Add a Rug.
           
As usual, I can't bear to choose between the two options (okay, I admit that was pretty bad!), but at least it is reassuring to know that both would work quite well for me in a New Mexico home!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment