Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Think Pink (and Blue and Gold)!


I am not normally a pink person -- I prefer bold colors and darker shades.  But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the color.  A few recent posts on HGTV's Design Happens blog featuring pink home furnishings got me excited about the idea of a room designed with pink in mind, as well as a couple of complementary colors to balance things out.  Here is the room I imagined:

Clockwise from top left: Cocoon Sofa from Dering Hall; Haviland End Table from Loft Home; Bexley Glass Lamp in aqua from Arteriors; Chailey Button Back Velvet Chair in pink from Twenga; "Les Zèbres" by Karine Arnou; Frosted prisms chandelier from 1stdibs; "Zebra" by Nicole Charbonnet; Small Fishtail Console Table from Amara; Turquoise Zebra Pillow from Zuniga Interiors; Center: Trio of Haviland end tables as coffee table; Center background; Tiger Pink and Green Rug from Carini Lang.
            
Even though this room is really not my style, I still think it looks pretty spectacular, thanks to the hot pink hue and the zebra print accents.  Incidentally, perhaps the reason pink has never resonated with me is the fact that it does not really exist:


Have pink afficionados been adoring an imaginary color called "minus green" all these years?  Or are the physicists just having a little fun at our expense?  I'll let you decide!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment