March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Southwestern Style Sitting Room

I love the idea of having a small room devoted to curling up with a good book.  Just a comfortable chair, good lighting, a small table for a few books and a beverage, and some shelving to hold even more books are all that I would need to create the cozy reading nook of my dreams.  For a Santa Fe home I would want something southwestern in style, but should I go with traditional or modern?  Here are examples of both:
            
Clockwise from top left: Rolled arm leather chair from McCready Interiors; southwestern floor lamp from Wayfair; round end table from Home Gallery Stores; Zapotec weaving from La Fuente Imports; tan Southwest Diamond round rug from Touch of Class; New Mexico bookcase from Great Southwest Furniture Design, Inc.; Sereno coyote bookends from Wolfum; Center: Santa Fe fringed throw from Sportsman's Decor.
            
Clockwise from top left: Rhys chair from Anthropologie; Belleville Arch turquoise floor lamp from Furnish.co.uk; sari throw from Anthropologie; Nanimarquina Sybilla Diana 2 contemporary round rug from AllModern; Ric Rac Pillow in espresso from Company C; Bong coffee table in turquoise from AmbienteDirect; contemporary Navajo weaving from Heard Museum; red Bambino shelf unit from Matelpro (out of stock).
            
I still can't make up my mind, but at least I have a better idea of the décor items I would select for whichever option I chose!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment