Monday, December 26, 2011

Terrifying Tuesdays: Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962)


I just couldn't let the holiday season go by without mentioning "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" (1962), one of my childhood Christmas favorites!  This animated musical adaptation of the Charles Dickens story is actually quite faithful to the tale, although condensed quite a bit to keep the story interesting to children.  I found the ghosts of Jacob Marley and of Christmas Yet to Come to be quite frightening when I was young, and even now they can bring on a shiver or two!  Watch this TV movie for free on YouTube:


This film was recorded in six parts for YouTube, but the story moves quickly so it is relatively painless to get through all six segments.  I hope you enjoy this version as much as I do, but if not, then "Bah, humbug!" to you (just kidding)!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment