April 28th is Save the Frogs Day!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

This 'n That Thursdays: Summer Woodland Cabin Décor

Many people long to escape to the coast when summer begins to heat up.  Their idea of the perfect vacation house is a coastal cottage with a beach theme.  Others, such as myself, look to the higher altitudes for summer relief.  I much prefer cooler mountain temperatures and the shade of verdant forests.  The ideal summer getaway for me is a cabin decorated in a woodland theme.  My cabin living room would be filled with items like these:

Clockwise from top left: Stockholm sofa in Gammelbo beige from IKEA; reclaimed teak tables from  Clayton Oxford; faux bois floor lamp from Vastu; twisted branch table lamp from Tactile from Nature; Stockholm chair in Blad brown from IKEA; Iannone Design cork mosaic long sideboard from Velocity Art and Design; olive green leaf pillow from Pillow Décor; brown woodland pillow from Branch; Winter Moons giclée print from Etsy; Owl on a Tree Limb giclée print from Etsy; Center left (background): Couristan Floral Impressions Sage Leaf rug from CSN Stores; Center right: Walk in the Woods canvas art from Psychedelic Canvas Art

The cool brown, green, and beige palette is the perfect antidote to a hot summer day.  Now all I have to do is find my mountain cabin and I'll be ready to face summer weather!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment