April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Thursday, January 14, 2016

This 'n That Thursdays: Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater Style Boards

From The Vivienne Files

One of my new favorite blogs is a fashion blog called The Vivienne Files.  Normally I have very little interest in fashion, but I like this blog because the style boards feature apparel that is more casual than formal.  It also focuses on streamlining and organizing one's wardrobe, often for travel, so there are no fussy or frilly extraneous pieces.  Accessories such as scarves and simple jewelry are used to add a bit more flare to an outfit.  Even though I own a number of scarves, I rarely wear them, but I would love to learn how to accessorize with scarves and this blog is helpful in that regard.

I really like the way outfits are organized on The Vivienne Files style boards, and they have inspired me to try creating my own.  Using the Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater I described on yesterday's Wish List Wednesdays post, I put together style boards using the three sweater colors that I own (red, azure, and plum).  In anticipation of Valentine's Day next month, I used the Uno Alla Volta Sterling Silver and Gold Intertwined Hearts Necklace as one of the elements common to all three outfits.  The other accessory common to all three is a roomy and practical Calvin Klein Aster Leather Shoulder Bag (now on sale at 60% off for $99.99).  I included two scarf options (one in paisley of course!) for each sweater to change up the looks slightly.  Some of the accessories are a bit pricey, but I tried to keep all apparel pieces relatively inexpensive, as well as more casual and comfortable.


RED SWEATER

Clockwise from top left: York Scarves Wholesale Striped Wool Scarf in Multi; Uno Alla Volta Intertwined Hearts Necklace; Gump's Anika Paisley Scarf ($98); Duluth Trading Co. Women's Longtail T Mock Turtleneck in Iron Ore ($29.50); Macy's Easy Spirit Margy Flats in Black Suede ($79); L.L. Bean Original Perfect Fit Pants in Black ($39.95); Calvin Klein Aster Leather Shoulder Bag; Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater in Red.


AZURE SWEATER

Clockwise from top left: Appleseed's Echo Paisley Scarf ($38.95); Uno Alla Volta Intertwined Hearts Necklace; Smithsonian Celestial Blue Silk Scarf ($55); Duluth Trading Co. Women's Longtail T Mock Turtleneck in White; Shoes.com Walking Cradles Cone in Grey Waxy Soft Leather ($48.99);  L.L. Bean Original Perfect Fit Pants in Taupe Brown; Calvin Klein Aster Leather Shoulder Bag; Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater in Azure.


PLUM SWEATER

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Casual Printed Scarf in Cranberry Paisley ($29.99); Uno Alla Volta Intertwined Hearts Necklace; Uno Alla Volta Black & White Hand-Marbled Silk Scarf with Clip ($50); Duluth Trading Co. Women's Longtail T Mock Turtleneck in Juneberry Heather (on clearance for $19.99); Planet Shoes Fly London Robi Women's Mary Jane Wedge in Purple Suede ($175); L.L. Bean Women's Original Perfect Fit Pants in Dark Gray Heather; Calvin Klein Aster Leather Shoulder Bag; Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater in Plum.

I had fun with these style boards and may try them again, but I will never be so skilled, dedicated, and prolific with them as the creator of The Vivienne Files.  Please be sure to check out her site if you love sensible fashion, stylish scarves, and wonderful wardrobe organization tips!

(Next week I will deliver the next installment of Picks of the Year 2016 posts I promised last week.)
             

No comments:

Post a Comment