Sunday, November 4, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Dalmatian Vacation Weekend Travel Wardrobe

Joules Dog Days Sweater in Navy

One of these days I would love to load my dogs and myself into my car and drive off for a long weekend getaway somewhere fun for humans and their canine companions.  I picture a little cabin in the mountains, lots of walking trails, just a few other people and their dogs about, and no overly restrictive leash rules for well-behaved pups so that they can explore to their hearts' content.  While my current canids are lovable mutts, I have owned Dalmatians in the past and hope to own another some day.  The wardrobe I selected for today's post was inspired by the Dalmatian sweater shown above that I purchased recently, so I focused on a color palette of navy and shades of pink.

Here is the outfit to wear for the drive to a dog-friendly destination:

Clockwise from top left: Joules Dog Days Sweater in Navy; The North Face Women's Cable Minna Beanie in Petticoat Pink; TeeAmazing Dalmatian Lover Shoulder Handbag; Patagonia Women's Down Sweater Jacket in Classic Navy; TeeAmazing Large Dalmatian Lover New Waterproof Travel Bag; Withington Ladies' Waterproof Slip On Shoes in Navy; Coldwater Creek Hidden Stretch-Waist Chinos in Washed Navy; Land's End Women's Shaped Supima Turtleneck in Laurel Blossom; Center top: Forzieri Women's Hot Pink Unlined Italian Leather Gloves; Center bottom: Talbot's Reversible Leather Belt in Indigo Blue/Greystone.

And here are the items to pack:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Fine Gauge Cardigan in Navy; Boden Anya Waterproof Mac in Dalmatian Spot; Dalmatian Print Scarf in Navy Blue; Land's End Relaxed Long Sleeve V-Neck Supima Cotton T-Shirt in Laurel Blossom; BDG Urban Outfitters Mom Jeans in Denim Blue; TeeAmazing Dalmatian Lover Black Boots for Women; Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Stretch-Fit Jeans in Rose Quartz; Coldwater Creek Roll With It Waffle Tee in Midnight Navy; Center top: Lodis Colleen Small Leather Wristlet in Navy; Center bottom: Boden The Silk Shirt in Ecru Dalmatian Spot.

Because this is a dog-oriented trip, the apparel is fairly casual, but I could not resist packing one nice silk shirt with a Dalmatian print to be worn to dinner one evening with the navy slacks and the button-front cardigan:


🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

After an entire day of walking and exploring, surely even the most energetic of pups will be tired enough to sleep soundly in the evening, leaving their owner free to spend a little time with other humans for at least a few hours.  I really need to start looking for a perfect doggie vacation destination - I might even consider letting my husband come along! 😄😄😄

From Professor Adrian Wilson
             

No comments:

Post a Comment