April 28th is Save the Frogs Day!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

This 'n That Thursdays: Beautiful Southwestern Gardens

"My Front Yard" (summer 1941) by Georgia O'Keeffe
(from Artsy).

We are traveling to New Mexico in less than two weeks, and I am so looking forward to visiting our favorite state!  It may still be a bit early for peak garden viewing, but if we are lucky we will see some signs of spring blooming in the desert.  When my husband eventually retires (and he really is finally serious about retiring in the near future!), we hope to move to New Mexico, so we will be looking at properties on the market while we are there.  I like to garden, and I have been thinking about the challenges of gardening in a dry climate, but we lived in Colorado before we moved to Georgia so I already have some experience with limited water gardening.  I have been searching the internet for photos of southwestern gardens for inspiration, and I've put together a post for today which features some of these images.  Take a look, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

From Houzz

From Houzz

From The Garden Glove

From Landscaping Network

From Pinterest

From Hotels.com

From Houzz

From Letz Design Landscape

From Home Garden Design Plans

🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵🌞🌵

It won't be long before we are enjoying the low humidity and sunny skies of New Mexico, and hopefully we will get to see some flowering southwestern gardens as well!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment