March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Thursday, February 16, 2017

This 'n That Thursdays: Haunting, Heart-breaking, Cute as Hell, and Stop-Motion Friends!

From Monroe MusicFest

I've mentioned before that I am not inclined to pay much attention to music, as I merely think of it as background noise most of the time.  Nevertheless, music will occasionally catch my attention, as these selections from NPR's "All Songs TV" did.  I think it was the descriptions of the music videos that drew me in, and those descriptors are quite apt.  If you have a little time, take a look at these four videos from YouTube and see if you agree with the assessments.  Each one is very different from the others, and all are by female artists with whom I am unfamiliar (although I think I may have heard of Miranda Lambert, possibly from one of the TV music competition shows whose names I can never remember?).

1) Haunting - Aldous Harding's 'Horizon'


2) Heartbreaking - Caroline Spence's 'Hotel Amarillo'


3) Cute as Hell - Miranda Lambert's 'We Should Be Friends'


4) Stop-Motion Friends - Gillian Welch's 'Dry Town'


♫♪♬♩♫♪♬♩♫♪♬♩♫♪♬♩♫♪♬♩♫♪♬♩♫♪♬♩♫♪♬♩♫♪♬

Even though three of the four music videos feature country-type songs, I think I am most intrigued by the first one, New Zealander Aldous Harding's neo-folk style song which co-stars her mother.  But really, it is the combination of these four very different songs that makes listening to them enjoyable for a non-musical person like me!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment