April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wish List Wednesdays: Cavin Richie Jewelry from David Morgan


Browsing through the most recent issue of The Nature Conservancy magazine, I noticed an ad for nature-inspired jewelry by Pacific Northwest artist Cavin Richie.  Intrigued, I decided to check out the collection on the David Morgan website.  All of the pieces are lovely, created by lost wax casting in bronze, with great detail and beautiful patinas.  There are so many different animal species to choose from, as well as a few leaf designs and even some sailboats.  The Moose Pendant ($62) shown above was the piece that originally caught my eye in the magazine ad, but of course I found a few more favorites:


The puffin is my favorite bird, so how could I not love the Puffin Pendant ($58)?


I also have a special fondness for crustaceans, so the Dungeness Crab Pendant ($62) is on my wish list as well.


I don't think I've ever seen a musk ox in jewelry form before, but I think the Musk Ox Pin ($60) is adorable.


Ditto for the Halibut Pendant ($58) -- I've never seen this flatfish as wearable art either, and while it may not be for everyone, I would happily wear this piscine pendant!

According to Cavin Richie's website, he has sold his Wildlife in Bronze jewelry business to the David Morgan Company.  The designs are Richie's and he will continue to create others, but the jewelry will be crafted by his assistant.  All of the jewelry in the collection are exquisite works of art, and I would be thrilled to own one or more of them!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment