April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

This 'n That Thursdays: Spring Décor for the Home

From Stylosophy

I am not fond of pastel colors, and I think that is the main reason I am not a big fan of spring décor, since pastels are often associated with this season.  Nonetheless, I though I would take a look at the creative decorating efforts of others to see if I could be persuaded to change my mind.  Pastel colors did indeed dominate spring-inspired interior designs, but there were two color palettes that did appeal to me.  The first was a subtle white and warm neutral palette, with touches of spring green and sometimes a bit of yellow:

From InteriorHolic

From Lushome

From Decorating Tips Blog

From Decorilla

From Decorating Tips Blog

From Lushome

From Lushome

From Decorating Tips Blog

The second color scheme that really caught my eye used lots of bright and cheerful citrus hues, sometimes paired with a clear light blue:

From Better Homes and Gardens

From Barrie Briggs Spang: The Designing Life

From Decor Report

From Lushome

From Topform

From Little House on the Valley

From Christopher Kennedy

From Tara Scott-Johnson

While autumn colors will always be my favorite, I think I am coming around to appreciating the softer shades of spring!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment