April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Seasonal Style: Winter Rustic Lodge

From Living Room Decorating Ideas

The winter solstice has arrived, and I am in the mood for a rustic lodge look this winter.  Of all the places I have lived so far, the Colorado foothills area is my hands-down favorite.  I would choose that cold, dry climate over heat and humidity any day -- I don't even mind shoveling snow!  Of course the lodge would be made of logs, and the obligatory fireplace of rock, while the décor would include a bit of plaid, some southwestern style, lots of books to read in front of that fireplace, and some well-insulated windows so I could watch the snow fall while staying warm and toasty inside.

From Corduroy

Best of all, the apparel for this look is comfortably casual.  Well worn denim, plaid, flannel, a down vest, warm and water-resistant pants, and these leather and rubber Duck boots from L.L.Bean which are so popular right now the company can't even keep them in stock.  The rustic lodge look really is just my style!

No comments:

Post a Comment