March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Foodie Fridays: Breakfast Wraps


My Breakfast Wraps are so simple I almost hesitate to call this a recipe, but they are one of my favorite breakfast meals at the moment so I decided to include them here, especially since I am rather particular about the ingredients used.  I always choose the same sausage and the same type of tortillas, and the cheese must be a cheddar or cheddar blend, preferably my favorite cheddar-mozzarella blend.  This is a hearty and satisfying hot breakfast with a reasonable calorie count (330), perfect if you are anticipating a cold and active morning.

Breakfast Wraps

2  6-inch corn/wheat blend tortillas*
2 fully cooked breakfast sausage links**
2 T. finely shredded cheese (I use a cheddar blend)

Warm the tortillas for 15 seconds in the microwave.  Place a sausage link on each tortilla, sprinkle each with 1 T. cheese, and roll them up as tightly as possible.  Place them on a plate and heat in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until the cheese melts and the sausages are warmed through.  Serve immediately.  Serves 1.

*I use La Tortilla Factory Yellow Corn Tortillas from Publix (Trader Joe's also has good ones)
**I always use Al Fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage from Publix
             

No comments:

Post a Comment