April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

This 'n That Thursdays: Shades of Turquoise and Orange for Fall

Ocotober Skies by MsBellePhotography
(from Etsy)

As you must realize by now, autumn is my favorite season, and every year I like to choose one color to emphasize for the season.  This year, because of my current fixation on shades of blue, I have selected turquoise as that color.  Turquoise can range from almost green to quite blue, but I am particularly drawn to the bluer shades of turquoise paired with orange hues, and apparently I am not the only one.  There are a few images in my post of two weeks ago which feature this color combination, and take a look at the host of images I found while doing a quick Google search for this beautiful color pairing:

From Celebrations

From Young House Love

From Meghan Carter

INTO AUTUMN by MADART
(from Society6)

From Abby Hook Jewellery

From Coastal Shore Creations

From Wendy's Art and Craft Journal

From The Inspired Room

From McKenzie Creek Jewelry

From Simple Daisy

From Indian Summer

From The Inspired Room

Orange is one of my favorite colors and I already have a fair amount in my home décor, but I seriously need to add more of the color turquoise to my life!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment