Wednesday, September 17, 2014

This 'n That Thursdays: In the Mood for Fall Food

From Desktop Nexus

I am so tired of hot weather.  I have never been a fan of summer (my least favorite season) and am more than ready for it to end.  Luckily, cooler temperatures are finally on their way here in the South.  I am especially looking forward to cooking and eating the comfort foods of fall.  A few of my favorites include macaroni and cheese (baked, not stovetop),

From The Soul Mom

a big pot of chili,

From The Distilled Man

hearty soups and stews,

From The Culinary Review

casseroles of all sorts,

From Pillsbury

hot cereals for breakfast,

From Quaker Oats

freshly baked breads,

From Dalhousie Gazette

cool weather vegetables such as winter squash, potatoes (both white and sweet), carrots, and all of the wonderful crucifers such as cabbage, kale, and Brussels sprouts,

From Food Network UK

and fall fruit desserts like apple crisp

From Food Network

and pumpkin pie!

From Baker's Treat

Light summer fare such as salads are all well and good, but I am craving the rib-sticking, soul-satisfying hot meals of autumn, and the only ice cream I want to see would be on top of a slice of warm apple pie!

From Land O'Lakes

(Hungry now?  So am I!)
             

No comments:

Post a Comment