March 27th is Manatee Appreciation Day!

Friday, November 15, 2013

Foodie Fridays: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

From Bunny's Warm Oven

In my quest for still more recipes using pumpkin as an ingredient, I came across one for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake.  This coffee cake is so good that I literally ate the past piece before I realized I had not yet taken a photograph (luckily my source had a little more self-discipline, so I present her beautiful image instead).  The recipe yields a lot of servings, and the cake stays moist for days in the refrigerator.  Simply reheat it briefly in the microwave and enjoy for breakfast, dessert, or as a midday snack.  I know I will be making this treat again soon!

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Cake:
  2 C. sugar
  2 eggs
  1 1/4 C. pumpkin purée
  1/4 C. oil
  1/2 tsp. vanilla
  2 1/4 C. flour
  2 tsp. cinnamon
  1 tsp. baking soda
  1/2 tsp. salt

Filling:
  1 package (8 oz.)  low-fat cream cheese, softened
  1 egg
  1 T. sugar

Topping:
  3/4 C. chopped pecans
  1/4 C. brown sugar
  1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Beat together the first five cake ingredients in a large bowl.  Combine the remaining four cake ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the first bowl and mix well.  Pour the batter into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.

Combine the filling ingredients in a small bowl and blend thoroughly.  Dollop spoonfuls of the mixture over the cake batter.  Cut through the batter with a knife to swirl in the filling.  Stir together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.  Serves 15.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment