April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

This 'n That Thursdays: Tree House Living

From 1 Kindesign

I have always dreamed of living in a mountain home.  A contemporary timber house in the woods, like the one shown above, is my idea of the perfect retreat.  If I owned such a place, I would take my decorating cues from the surroundings and fill the space with tree-themed furniture, such as the My Treem lamp/side table I mentioned in yesterday's Wish List Wednesdays post.  Another great furniture option would be the Borghese Sofa, inspired by the stone pines of the Villa Borghese in Rome:


These Trees & Glass Chairs would also work in my tree-themed design:


While the fascinating Nature V2.01 chair is a great conversation piece, it is made of real tree bark and is therefore not an especially comfortable seating option!


This Bonsai Coffee Table, on the other hand, is stylish as well as quite functional:


The Metamorphosis Bookshelf with its realistic-looking branch shelves would fit into my design quite nicely:


The illuminated tree trunks of the Design Light Column are the perfect way to light up a dark corner in any room:


For a wall display, I would choose Viva Terra's Spring Tree Wall Art:


And what could be more delightful underfoot than this Woody Wood rug?


Toss a few of these Log Pillows on the sofa and chairs, and my tree-inspired room would be complete:


In fact, the only way to claim even more authentic tree house living would be to live in a place like the one below!

From Relax Shacks
     

No comments:

Post a Comment