March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: The Colors of Autumn

From Softpedia

My favorite color palette is made up of autumnal hues.  Pumpkin orange, cranberry red, chestnut brown, golden wheat -- these colors are warm but muted, which to me gives a very inviting and casual feel to the home.  I created a living room style board which is very similar to the look we already have, with just a few updates, like the beautiful rug and the rustic but simple lamp that I would love to own:

Clockwise from top left: Acacia Wood Media Center from Viva Terra; Giant Sunflower Oil Painting from At West End; Beverly Jean Poppy Bouquet Print from Art Print Solutions; POÄNG Chair from IKEA (color no longer available); Edgewood Coffee Table from Crate and Barrel; Anthony Hydrocal Table Lamp from Inviting Lighting; Leick Windswept Nesting Side Table from Wayfair;  Henry Leather Sofa from West ElmBackground: Albertina Rug from West Elm.

I would liven up this look with colorful throw pillows like these:

From left: Caravan Cotton Burnt Orange Throw Pillow from Amazon; Autumn Leaves Throw Pillow from Amazon; Harbor Cranberry Large Square Pillow from Unison.

Now all I need is a living room with a rustic stone fireplace in which to place all of these lovely items:

From Log Homes

I can just imagine sitting snugly in front of that fireplace with a hot beverage and a good mystery novel, surrounded by my cozy furnishings, while the wind whips colorful leaves about on a crisp autumn evening -- I'm ready to move in right now!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment